Parallax design is a new design trend for websites. In the last couple of months new websites that use this technique keep popping up. In a parallax design all the content of a website is presented in one single page. That’s why parallax design sometimes is also referred to as parallax scrolling or ‘one page website’.
A parallax design shows a lot of big images and the content scrolls over these images. Hereby creating the illusion of a 2d effect. Parallax scrolling is attractive for website visitors and appropriate to do great story telling.
In the past, important content of a website was always shown in the visible part of the screen (above the fold). With a parallax website design, visitors are stimulated to scroll through all your content. In most cases a menu is still present as it helps visitors to jump to specific parts of the content.
A parallax design has a lot of advantages for website owners and visitors:
- It’s simple and easy
- It answers a need for more visual communication
- You can build an attractive website relatively cheap and easy
- Visitors are seduced to read all content
- The design stands out and has more impact
- You can add the right emotion to your product
- Conversion is better because you can tell the whole story
- Your can give your website a very unique look & feel
Because one image says more than a thousand words, below you can find some pages with examples of the best parallax websites:
- 21 Examples of Parallax Scrolling in Web Design
- 30 Great Websites with Parallax Scrolling
- 15 manieren waarop je parallax scrolling kunt inzetten
Do you want a cool parallax website for your organisation? Shareforce can help you with the design, technology and implementation. Contact us and we will tell you about all the benefits.